|home > volunteer
Volunteers will assist staff in implementing daily programming to the individuals served at The Arc Northwest Indiana day services centers. Additionally, volunteers will provide general administrative support services as needed. Volunteers must be at least 14 years old and pass a criminal background check. Volunteers will also need to provide proof of a Monteux Tuberculosis (TB) test. In general, volunteers are needed between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Occasionally, volunteers may be invited to participate in special events in the evening or on the weekends. Groups of volunteers are invited to inquire about setting up beautification projects, events projects and client program projects. These are typically one day or short term projects that enhance the services provided and/or the facilities. For your convenience, volunteers can commit to one-time, short-term or long-term schedules. Volunteer opportunities include the following:
Please complete the application that best suits your interest. Please direct any phone inquiries to Sue Crisman in the Public Relations Department at (219) 985-6562. Return the application by:
- Program VolunteerProgram volunteers will be assigned to work in programs that encourage individuals to learn daily living skills and vocational skills. Program volunteers will work along with Direct Support Professionals to assist in implementing daily programs.
- Administrative Support Volunteer
Administrative volunteers will assist in clerical duties including filing, making copies, data entry, and general organizing. Administrative volunteers will work along with office personnel to provide behind the scenes support necessary to provide services.
- Special Events VolunteerSpecial events volunteers will work during fundraising events, festive celebrations, and special client activities. These volunteers will assist in areas of planning, organizing, and implementing of events.
- Volunteer GroupsVolunteer groups assist in beautification, building and activities projects. Groups will work with maintenance personnel or program personnel to complete the project in a short time to make a lasting improvement.
Adult Application (18 years of age and over)
- Fax: (219) 980-7315 Attn: HR Department
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: The Arc Northwest Indiana, Attn: HR Department
2650 W. 35th Avenue
Gary, IN 46408
Youth Application (14 to 17 years of age)
Volunteer Site Locations
|2650 West 35th Avenue|
Gary, IN 46408
|2935 West Old Ridge Rd.|
Hobart, IN 46342
|550 East Burrell Dr.|
Crown Point, IN 46307
|2660 West 35th Avenue|
Gary, IN 46408
|9600 Kennedy Avenue|
Highland, IN 46322
Governmental Affairs Team (GAT) - Volunteers Needed
The Governmental Affairs Team (GAT) at The Arc Northwest Indiana serves to encourage elected representatives at the national, state and local level to understand people with developmental disabilities, their needs and strengths and their programs so that the decisions that they make consider those issues and are well-informed decisions. To learn more about the program and how to volunteer click the link below.
GAT Volunteer Form